Freitag, 8. Mai 2020

End of War


Raymond Walden, Avignon - France, 2019


The eighth of May 1945:
War was over, so we are told,
but was it?
It was the year I did arrive,
soon I'll be 75
and, of course, I've considered it
all my life growing old.

Did you ever hear of a peace treaty, about its signing?
Can you mark one year after without war?
Proxy wars are stirred up by former victors till now, very undermining
and tormenting the world at many places as ever before.

Though I was born into this ruined Germany,
had to flee later from East to West,
where I experienced freedom and Human Rights' philosophy,
I've lived, for sure, in a democracy – one of its best!
So I feel grateful to all people in the world, where so ever,
who struggle for liberty, honesty and emancipation.
I would support no discrimination and warmongering, never!
I stand up for true humanity, solidarity and education.

But I recognize democracy worldwide is dying,
money, nationalism, weapons and violence are ruling instead,
preachers and ideologists are denying
what is going on in a real peace-loving head.

I feel free to honor all heroes of consequent liberty
and dedicate to them all – famous and unknown ones – 
my document of peace and dignity
by this Blog of Cosmonomic Philosophy.

May enlightenment improve
and prevent war by wisdom and empathy.
Where, otherwise, would we move
in this present pandemic agony?



Keine Kommentare: