Montag, 11. März 2019

Various Identities

Mistaken Identity (2004)

By John Tischer (Mexico/USA)

My parents mistook me for someone 
and gave me a name.
That confused me for a long time.
I never had the heart to tell them
I wasn’t who they thought I was.
At least, I was smart enough
not to pretend I was that person,
not that I ever found out
who I was.

Courtesy of the poet




Experienced Identity

By Raymond Walden

My parents already were mistaken by their parents
who were mistaken by their contemporary society
as we all will be mistaken right now and in future.
So my name is of less importance,
but once named in this way by my parents' pleasure
I like it to be identified undoubtedly by my name.
But who am I? Do I know?
Yes, I also had to pretend ever and ever again
to avoid personal disadvantage and even punishment.
But since my younger lifetime I have always been debunking
superstition, esoterism and religion as well as political betraying.

So, in some respect, I know who I am.
And so I created the Cosmonomic Manifesto
which is my stand point in this world, in this mankind.
And I feel strong enough for this confession.
Nevertheless, this is also for sure:
As a human I am not free from error.
Because of being a human,
I am ready to correct my errors, if they are proven to be such ones.

Yes, I have, to some extent, found out
who I was earlier and who I am now.
And this is a rather satisfying experience!




Keine Kommentare: