Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018

Northern Cemetery Düsseldorf

(Not so far from the airport)

I have a walk on the cemetery
meditating how vivid or perhaps already dead I am.
I look at the graves in endless numbers,
different each – once upon a time …

The old trees, the free areas, bells from far.
Airplanes take off, turning away in loops.
Would I really like to fly anywhere
to realize myself, to comprehend?

Where did I leave my carelessness, my passion, my laughing?
The Sun is clasping me,
it is like a dream before the waking:
Start flying, arise yourself and live,
your heart is warm,
enjoy the days I am presenting you!

The many paths are crossing,
you get lost on earthly ways.
This park hits me, agrees with me,
is moving me deeply.

So I leave the cemetery, being affected and rewarded,
having sent to bottom – very silently – my melancholy.


© Raymond Walden






Keine Kommentare: